Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day


As a young child I would watch my mother go about her day yet I wondered what she did that made her so tired. I'd think about how my dad was gone all day at school, work, or at the armory. Dad I could understand being tired with all he has to do but not mom she only stays at home.

When I was about thirteen my mother tried to give me advice anything from shoes or clothes to even the boys I liked. I'd roll my eyes at every word she spoke. How would she know what's best for me? "She is too old to know what's cool!" I'd mumble then storm off to my room.

A few years later she made matters worse. When she'd demand to know where I was going, with whom, or when I'd be coming back. My mother she didn't give up easy she’d show up where I least expect to check if what I told was indeed correct.

I often thought of her as nosey sometimes I even called her a witch! My mother she didn’t get discourage by the things I said if anything she latched on tighter much to my chagrin.

It was not until I became a mother that I finally understood all the things that a mother truly does. Now I am grateful for all the things about my mother I hated or didn’t understand.

I am even more grateful for all the things she passed from my grandmother & her onto me. Why? Simply because it made me the mother I am today! A mother I hope my daughters will one day want to be!

Happy Mother’s Day to all Mother’s who love their children!!

 

                            Yours Truly,

                                 AW

No comments:

Post a Comment