Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Current project at a glimpse!

Hello & Welcome back! I want to thank my faithful followers for visiting me each week. It has been a bumpy road as I learn to navigate ups and downs of blogging. Now for the good stuff! As I promised in my very first blog here is a little information on my current project!

My journey began a little over three years ago when I woke up one summer night from a dead sleep at three o'clock in the morning. I wandered out into the living room where I sat on the couch in the dark thinking about a dream I just had about this young girl. A couple of hours later I had come up with a whole plot line and additional characters in my head.

Now this was not the first time I have had these random thoughts pop into my head but I was discourage early on from sharing them because some thought I sounded "Crazy" so I would play them out in my head then soon forget them.


I had planned to do the same with this one but for some reason I still cannot explain the idea would not allow me to shake it. I would be playing with  my kids and another character would pop into my head. I would be wrapping Christmas gifts and a new twist to the plot would pop into my head. This went on for about another six months before I decided to take a risk and share it with my best friend.

My best friend listen intently then encouraged me to write it down. I went on to play with the idea of writing the story out for a few months before I finally decided to take a chance. I began writing two years ago on a fall evening at my dining room table. I would spend most of my evenings writing there after and happily was half way through the story when my computer crashed.

I had made the mistake of not backing my story up on a thumb drive so when I learned that my motherboard was fried I cried for days knowing all the search and work I had put into had been lost. I gave up after that happened for about a year before deciding to sit down and try it again.

I started the process over a few months ago and have made significant progress. In hindsight I am glad that my first draft was lost because the changes I have made since have created a much better story. I have learned to back up my work in several places and look forward to seeing this journey through to the end. Below I have posted a short description of my project.


 
Seventeen year old girl Abigail Roswell who is in the mist of dealing with the normal challenges of becoming an adult. When she learns that not only has her life been one enormous lie but the sister she once believed to have been kidnapped and left for dead is very much alive  and  well but would like nothing else but to see her dead.

The world Abigail's parents built in order to keep her safe is crumbling fast as she is faced with the reality that not only do Vampires exist in the world but they are also all around her including her beloved parents and close friends. Abby must choose between having a normal life with a guy she once loved or accepting her destiny as the future leader of the vampire underworld and risk losing her best friend forever.

The Roswell Coven: A path to Innocence




 

No comments:

Post a Comment